8 Hours of Hell was the first series of its kind in Southwest Florida. Participants ran from 10am to 6pm on 6 different trails in Lee, Charlotte and Sarasota counties, once a month from May through October. Trails were in the range of 3-5 miles. Some courses allowed a bailout partial lap.
Race packets included a different goodie each race: pint glasses, SAAKA headbands, bandannas, collapsible cups, Injinji toesocks, 8HOH car magnets, hand towels, Covid masks, etc.
All 8HOH runners to received custom finisher dogtags for each race.
4 Hours of FUN!!
The 4 hour fun run was designed to give newer runners and road runners a chance to check out some of the trails and parks in Southwest Florida while experiencing what an Ultra Aid Station has to offer. 4HOF miles did not count towards the 8HOH Series unless the runner bumped up to an 8HOH race later in the Series.
Traditional Race Dates/Locations
- Caloosahatchee Regional Park NE, Alva FL
- 4.75 mile loop with 2.75 mile bailout
- Tippecanoe Environmental Park, Port Charlotte, FL
- 2.8 mile loop
- Oscar Scherer State Park, Osprey FL
- 3.25 mile loop
- Ann Dever Regional Park, Englewood FL
- 3.05 mile loop
- Hickeys Creek, Alva FL
- 4.5 mile loop with 2.15 mile bailout
- Oscar Scherer State Park, Osprey, FL
- 3.45 mile loop with 1.6 mile bailout